Welcome to Mandalay Technological University Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mandalay Technological University Forum

ဴမန္မာအင္ဂဵင္နီယာမဵားဖိုရမ္

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Java

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ZawMinHt
Anonymous

Java Empty
PostSubject: Java   Java Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2006 3:16 pm

1. Java 2 SE standard edition
: which is the basic Java programming
Very similar to C/C++, purely Object Oriented Language Got wide acceptance because of it's elimination of pointers (which can be hazardous for prorgammers ) still compromising its abilities. Java is an interpreted language and so normally much slower than native languages like C. But because of its WriteOnceRunAnywhere concept, it got acceptance. Java programming has two targets :1. Applets and Applications . Both require JRE (java runtime environment) . Java uses an intermediate object files called 'bytecode' which is portable accross various platforms as long as there is JRE. So developers do not need to redevelop whenever they need a new port to another platform.
(Note: Now there is a similar approach for C programmers, called 'Qt' )

2. Java 2 EE
: which is the Enterprise Edition comprising a lot of technology and standards. You can compare Java 2 EE to .Net. They are neither a programming language or a server.
Both J2EE and .Net are concepts. J2EE is composed of a set of standards and specifications which dictates how to implement things on the net. J2EE defines a set of technologies to develop internet technologies in java ways. Java 2 EE is also becoming wide accepted in spite of microsoft popularites. ( J2EE admins are well paid $$$. )

3. Java 2 ME
: which is Micro edition aiming at portable devices.
In fact it is a stripped-down version of Java with a few packages dedicated to mobile devices. Since there are many different kinds of mobile devices and by nature they are resource-limitted, J2ME uses 'configurations' (eg CLDC, CDC) . The primary goal of 'configurations' is to define minimum requirements for memory, language support, VM support, and runtime libraries ,etc. For instance mobile phones have different J2ME configurations from GPS devices or PDA devices. On the top of 'configurations' , J2ME uses 'Profiles' to define a set of APIs for particular use. Let's say, different mobile phone has different profiles which means these phone has different functionalities. And in the same nature, different PDA types with similar resources can have different Profiles. As far as I know , many advanced mobile phones implement MIDP2.0 profile. Configuration may be CLDC x.x. You can download your J2ME programs and games into these phones.

There are some other Java technologies such as javacards, JavaOS, JNI , etc. But they not quite popular.

Java has a great future in the sense of a programming language. For example some of CPU companies are trying to integrate Java instructions into their Core microcodes (eg, ARM Jazelle technology). As a result Java programs will execute much faster than ever before.

PS:
Any suggestion or correction appreciated.
Back to top Go down
thureinmaungmg
LEVEL '1'
LEVEL '1'
thureinmaungmg

Male
Number of posts : 26
Batch if MIT (if not simply fill YIT) : VISITOR
Registration date : 2006-11-17

Java Empty
PostSubject: great topic ,fri   Java Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2006 8:28 pm

ZawMinHt wrote:
1. Java 2 SE standard edition
: which is the basic Java programming
Very similar to C/C++, purely Object Oriented Language Got wide acceptance because of it's elimination of pointers (which can be hazardous for prorgammers ) still compromising its abilities. Java is an interpreted language and so normally much slower than native languages like C. But because of its WriteOnceRunAnywhere concept, it got acceptance. Java programming has two targets :1. Applets and Applications . Both require JRE (java runtime environment) . Java uses an intermediate object files called 'bytecode' which is portable accross various platforms as long as there is JRE. So developers do not need to redevelop whenever they need a new port to another platform.
(Note: Now there is a similar approach for C programmers, called 'Qt' )

2. Java 2 EE
: which is the Enterprise Edition comprising a lot of technology and standards. You can compare Java 2 EE to .Net. They are neither a programming language or a server.
Both J2EE and .Net are concepts. J2EE is composed of a set of standards and specifications which dictates how to implement things on the net. J2EE defines a set of technologies to develop internet technologies in java ways. Java 2 EE is also becoming wide accepted in spite of microsoft popularites. ( J2EE admins are well paid $$$. )

3. Java 2 ME
: which is Micro edition aiming at portable devices.
In fact it is a stripped-down version of Java with a few packages dedicated to mobile devices. Since there are many different kinds of mobile devices and by nature they are resource-limitted, J2ME uses 'configurations' (eg CLDC, CDC) . The primary goal of 'configurations' is to define minimum requirements for memory, language support, VM support, and runtime libraries ,etc. For instance mobile phones have different J2ME configurations from GPS devices or PDA devices. On the top of 'configurations' , J2ME uses 'Profiles' to define a set of APIs for particular use. Let's say, different mobile phone has different profiles which means these phone has different functionalities. And in the same nature, different PDA types with similar resources can have different Profiles. As far as I know , many advanced mobile phones implement MIDP2.0 profile. Configuration may be CLDC x.x. You can download your J2ME programs and games into these phones.

There are some other Java technologies such as javacards, JavaOS, JNI , etc. But they not quite popular.

Java has a great future in the sense of a programming language. For example some of CPU companies are trying to integrate Java instructions into their Core microcodes (eg, ARM Jazelle technology). As a result Java programs will execute much faster than ever before.

PS:
Any suggestion or correction appreciated.
hay fri
i would like to know the standard editor which mostly use in sg.
thanks
Back to top Go down
ktar
LEVEL '0'
LEVEL '0'

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2006-12-08

Java Empty
PostSubject: Re: Java   Java Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2006 11:53 pm

Hi bro,

Just want to share my opinion. In fact there is no standard editor in sg. It depends on project scope and budget. Some companies are so stingy, they dont even want to buy a licensed one. (May be those freebies are handy and useful for them) They are really using freeware editors for their enterprise solution. Very Happy

J2EE:
weblogic workshop for BEA weblogic server.
JBuilder for BES server.
Eclipse

J2SE:
Eclipse
NetBeans
TextPad
ConTEXT
PSPad

Happy Coding!!!
Rg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content