Welcome to Mandalay Technological University Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Mandalay Technological University Forum

ဴမန္မာအင္ဂဵင္နီယာမဵားဖိုရမ္

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Career for MIT students

Go down 
+4
bobowaimg
YanNaingAye
Sai Nanda
YE MIN WIN
8 posters
AuthorMessage
YE MIN WIN
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'
YE MIN WIN

Male
Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2006-11-08

Career for MIT students Empty
PostSubject: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2006 2:16 pm

Hi all,
Now we all know that most of our friends are trying to work in abroad and looking for the various jobs.

So lets share our job seeking experiences and job advertisement link.
Hope it will help you all.

Cheers!!
Back to top Go down
YE MIN WIN
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'
YE MIN WIN

Male

PostSubject: Resume Maker Professional   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2006 2:24 pm

Hi all here is the link to download resume maker professional.
This software is really cool.
You can build your own resume in proper format and you can practice interview question with video training as well

ResumeMaker Professional v11.0 RETAIL (53.039 MB)

http://www21.fixdown.com/endown/i-rm1104-2004-03-19.rar

http://www110.fixdown.com/keydown2003/i-rm...-2004-03-19.rar

http://www210.fixdown.com/i-rm1104-2004-03-19.rar

http://www223.fixdown.com:2004/keydown2003...-2004-03-19.rar

http://www16.fixdown.com:2004/endown/i-rm1104-2004-03-19.rar

http://www21.fixdown.com/endown/i-rm1104-2004-03-19.rar

http://www6.fixdown.com:2004/keydown2003/i...-2004-03-19.rar

ftp://www.fixdown.com:fugfcj-dxlkill@np.f...-2004-03-19.rar

ftp://www.fixdown.com:fukdghghjw111@sx.fi...-2004-03-19.rar

http://www6.fixdown.com:2008/i-rm1104-2004-03-19.rar

I'm sure you'll get something to work.

Cheers!!!
Back to top Go down
Sai Nanda
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'

Male
Number of posts : 182
Batch if MIT (if not simply fill YIT) : 8th batch
Registration date : 2006-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2006 2:35 pm

thanks alot dude!
i hope all will get suitable job finally.
and your sites will help them alot i am sure.
thanks again!

Career for MIT students 73fec794fdf1324f9f1723fe4bf65343.th

Last edited by on Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YanNaingAye
LEVEL '3'
LEVEL '3'
YanNaingAye

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2006-10-25

PostSubject: Agent contact   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 7:10 pm

Hi!
One of my friends would like to come and work in SG. But he don't want to come without having a job. He rather want to contact agent and find a job first before he come here. And then want to come only after the job is sure. Can anybody give the contacts of good agents?
Back to top Go down
http://yan9aye.blogspot.com/
YE MIN WIN
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'
YE MIN WIN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 7:37 pm

Hi Sayar Yan,
For my experience, it is not that easy to come to SG when only the job is sure unless your friend is very lucky.
No Pain No Gain.
We all come to here but nobody gurantee us to get the job. OK what happen if we don't get the job.Simply go back to our country and try again.
There are a lot of our friends coming here and go back without getting a job, some can manage to get a job but their employement pass is rejected.
You'd better advice your friend to search in the job agency website such as www.jobsdb.com, www.jobstreet.com and prepare the requirment as job advertisement ask.
Then come and challenge the job hunting.
We all are ready to help each other.

Cheers....
Back to top Go down
YanNaingAye
LEVEL '3'
LEVEL '3'
YanNaingAye

Male

PostSubject: thanks   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 7:48 pm

Thanks Ye Gyi! But he is in Malaysia. He can make contact with phone. Last time, I knew the agent near summerset who just take the agent fee,resume and phone contact. And when there is interview, he informs to the job seeker. If the seeker gets the job, he takes the agent fee again. Now, I forget the phone numbers of the agents. Anyway, thanks for the web links. I hope they can help him.
Back to top Go down
bobowaimg
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'
bobowaimg

Male
Number of posts : 209
Batch if MIT (if not simply fill YIT) : last
Registration date : 2006-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 8:19 pm

YanNaingAye wrote:
Thanks Ye Gyi! But he is in Malaysia. He can make contact with phone. Last time, I knew the agent near summerset who just take the agent fee,resume and phone contact. And when there is interview, he informs to the job seeker. If the seeker gets the job, he takes the agent fee again. Now, I forget the phone numbers of the agents. Anyway, thanks for the web links. I hope they can help him.

this is the agent in myanmar... u can contact them... one of my friends come with this agent.........he is quite ok..........

Great Silver Land Agency, Daw cho cho myint
bldg no(6),R no(302), 3 fl,yuzana plaza, sabe street ,
mingalar taung nyunt tsp,ygn
ph- 01-201861, 09-5100584
Back to top Go down
http://bobowaimg.blogspot.com
Sai Nanda
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'

Male

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 8:48 pm

မေလးမွာဆိုရင္ေတာ့နီးစပ္မယ္္ ကိုရန္ေရ... စလံုး ေအးဂ်န္႕ပဲ... ပြဲခမယူဘူး... အမွန္အကန္... Interview ရွိရင္ေခၚေတြ႕ လိုအပ္တာေတြသင္ေပး ေသးတယ္... မိုက္တယ္... ဆက္သြယ္ခ်င္ရင္... သူကၽြန္ေတာ့္ဆီကိုပို႕ထားတဲ့ေမး(လ) ကိုေပးလိုက္တယ္... ကၽြန္ေတာ္အလုပ္တစ္ခု သူနဲ႕ရေသးတယ္... အင္တာဗ်ဴးႏွစ္ခုရတယ္... သေဘာေကာင္းပါတယ္... ရတဲ့အလုပ္က SP ကိုတာမရွိလို႕ WP
ေလွ်ာက္ေပးေတာ့လဲ production မဟုတ္လို႕ မေပးတာနဲ႕ မလုပ္လိုက္ရတာ...

susan to Gerry, me
show details Sep 7

Hi Gerry,

Thank for you support and confirmation of employment for Mr Sai Nanda Thien as Service Technician in your company.

He will report to work on 11/9/2006 @ 9am. His starting pay will be $1450 and upon confirmation of 3-month probation period to be adjusted to $1500.

Best Regards

Johnson Yeow
Standard HR & Consulting Pte Ltd
Tel: 65602130
susan <susanlye@singnet.com.sg>

နာမည္က ဂၽြန္ဆင္ ေနာ္... ဆူဆန္က ရံုးအီးေမး(လ) ထင္ပါရဲ႕...
အင္တာဗ်ဴးရရင္ ဖုန္းဆက္လိမ့္မယ္ ကိုရန္ေရ... ပြဲခေတာ့ ကိုရန္ပဲယူလိုက္ပါေတာ့... အဟီး ေနာက္တာေနာ္...

Back to top Go down
YanNaingAye
LEVEL '3'
LEVEL '3'
YanNaingAye

Male

PostSubject: thanks   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 10:25 pm

Hi Bo Bo & Nanda
Thank you very much! They are very useful for him. I really appreciate your sharing.
Back to top Go down
YanNaingAye
LEVEL '3'
LEVEL '3'
YanNaingAye

Male

PostSubject: thanks   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2006 10:26 pm

Hi Bo Bo & Nanda
Thank you very much! They are very useful for him. I really appreciate your sharing.
Back to top Go down
Sai Bo Bo Lin
LEVEL '0'
LEVEL '0'
Sai Bo Bo Lin

Male
Number of posts : 14
Batch if MIT (if not simply fill YIT) : The last batch
Registration date : 2006-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2006 7:20 pm

Hello....bros...

I think getting a job and trying to be stable in abroad aren't too easy.
I don't know too much about the other countries, but know a bit for SG.
I came to SG at Feb'06 with two of my friends. We all three came here to find a proper situation in IT field. As we all know, there is no more chances in Myanmar esp for IT Guys.
Unbelievably we got a chance to work here as IT Professionals at respective employer. I see that it's becoz of our luck and 18 months preparation(it's still not enough).
So, ..........for everyone who want to come to work or to seek a good condition at SG............

pls! prepare for yourself as much as u can. Do not confuse for what r u doing here.................and try to pray everyday, everynight!!!!!

All the best, Good Luck.
Back to top Go down
YE MIN WIN
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'
YE MIN WIN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 6:40 pm

Quote :
I think getting a job and trying to be stable in abroad aren't too easy.

Hi dude, no point to scare our frieinds under this topic. This topic is meant to share our job hunting experience and career advice.
I am not saying too easy or too difficult to get a job at abroad.We all are already qualified for being MIT students. It is just a matter of time and circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Sai Nanda
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'

Male

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 6:46 pm

Hi all,These will help u a little at least so i posted below .
Cheer!

What you should never say at an interview
Written by Goh Mei Yi - 13 September 2006

If you have a tendency to say the wrong thing at the wrong time, this article is for you. Every single word you utter during an interview gives your potential employer an insight to your character and your thoughts, so choose your words carefully.

"I left my last job because my boss was an idiot"
Bad-mouthing your previous employer is probably the stupidest thing you can do during an interview. No matter how much you detest your boss, give a more positive answer.

Suggestion: Say you left to look for more responsibility, greater opportunity for advancement, or it was time for a change. Keep your opinions about your ex-boss to yourself.

"I'll take whatever you can pay"
Don't say it if you don't mean it. The interview is a chance for you to find out what salary the company is willing to pay and for the interviewers to decide how much you're worth and what amount you're asking for.

Suggestion: If you're not sure, give a wide range. Do research about what similar jobs pay before the interview.

"I can't wait to use the staff benefits"
If you think this is a witty way to end an interview, think again! You'll look as if you're joining the company for the free perks and not because you want the job.

Suggestion: Why not mention that you can't wait to try out your ideas instead? It sounds more professional and gives them more reason to hire you.

"I was given a 12-month bonus"
If you didn't get it, don't say it. Someday, somewhere, someone will find out that you were lying and you'll live to regret it. Interviewers expect a little exaggeration about your accomplishments during an interview, but not blatant lies.

Suggestion: Always tell the truth. You can keep up a charade for only so long and employers have a way of finding out things.

"My short-term goal is to clear my credit card debt"
While it may be true, your would-be employers don't need to know. When asked about your five-year goal, they want an answer that relates to the company. Even if you don't plan to stay so long, say something that reflects a commitment to the job and the company.

Suggestion: I see myself in a position at least two levels higher than this job I'm applying for.

"My dog died and I can't get over it"
Even if your interviewer brings up his personal life to lighten the mood, don't take it as a green light to pour out your woes. You may think you're bonding with your interviewer, but it just comes across as unprofessional.

Suggestion: If you interviewer asks about your pet, just say your beloved pooch passed away at a ripe old age and leave it at that. Keep the conversation businesslike and professional.

ေကာ္ပီေပ့(စ)ေတြ လာျပန္ၿပီဆိုၿပီး စိတ္ဆိုးမေနနဲ႕ဦးေနာ္ ရဲၾကီးေရ... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sai Nanda
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'

Male

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 6:47 pm

တစ္လက္စတည္း တင္လိုက္ပါရေစေနာ္...

Fashion lessons for interviews
Written by Goh Mei Yi - 6 September 2006

On a few occasions in life, you have to concur with the saying that "you are what you wear". Going for an interview is one of them. Here are some fashion faux pas to avoid for that meeting with your prospective employer. You should NOT:

…turn up in casual wear
Even if the company interviewing you has an informal culture, showing up in your weekend wear is a no-no. Fail-safe clothes for an interview are the classic jacket suit or simple dress for ladies; and long-sleeved shirt, tie and tailored trousers in conservative colours for men. Select clothes appropriate for the position you are applying for.

…wear a new outfit - and announce it
Remember to cut the price tags off new clothes. If you are fresh out of school and clueless about office attire, go to Raffles Place during lunch hour and observe what types of clothes most people are wearing. If you've never worn a suit or tie before, wear it a few times at home to get used to it.

…choose the wrong colour or fabric
Keep clothes in neutral colours or discreet prints that don't distract the interviewer. For ladies, keep bra straps hidden from view. Stay away from pure linen, which wrinkles easily, and sheer fabrics that show all.

…go too heavy on scent
When it comes to perfume or cologne, less is better. You don't want to be remembered for your lingering scent after an interview. You can kiss the job goodbye if the interviewer has a sensitive nose and your perfume sets off his allergy.

…paint a 'wayang' face
Stick to the natural look when it comes to makeup. Choose safe colours like peach or beige. If you are not in the habit of wearing any make-up, try a little lip gloss and loose powder to cut down on shine.

…let accessories steal the show
Accessories are meant to jazz up an otherwise mundane outfit. Stay clear of oversized earrings and necklaces that compete with you for your interviewer's attention. Pay attention to your shoes and bags too.

…have hair here, there and everywhere
Unless you are gunning for a job in a hair salon or modelling agency, avoid extreme styles and hair colours. Keep your fringe close to or above the eyebrows, or swept to the side so that the interviewer can see your face. Men should be clean-shaven. If you have a beard or goatee, keep it neat.

Back to top Go down
YE MIN WIN
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'
YE MIN WIN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2006 7:15 pm

hi ko sai nanda,
I really appreciate for your post. It will helpful to all job seekers.

http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/176045/Gallery_of_Best_Resumes_for_People_Without_a_FourYear_Degree.pdf

This link is to download sample resumes for various job title.
I hope it will help you all.

Cheers....
Back to top Go down
basi
LEVEL '0'
LEVEL '0'

Male
Number of posts : 1
Batch if MIT (if not simply fill YIT) : 6th batch
Registration date : 2006-11-15

PostSubject: Hi All   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeWed Nov 15, 2006 8:17 pm

Although you can find a lot of job sites at internet, according to my own experience www.jobsdb.com is the coolest. I got many interviews from this site. I think www.jobstreet.com is not a good one. Nearly most of job sites welcome only Singaporeans and PRs. No No No
Back to top Go down
bobowaimg
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'
bobowaimg

Male
Number of posts : 209
Batch if MIT (if not simply fill YIT) : last
Registration date : 2006-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 5:32 am

basi wrote:
Although you can find a lot of job sites at internet, according to my own experience www.jobsdb.com is the coolest. I got many interviews from this site. I think www.jobstreet.com is not a good one. Nearly most of job sites welcome only Singaporeans and PRs. No No No
thanks for ur info
Back to top Go down
http://bobowaimg.blogspot.com
Kyaw Naing Oo
LEVEL '1'
LEVEL '1'
Kyaw Naing Oo

Male
Number of posts : 27
Batch if MIT (if not simply fill YIT) : 8th Batch

PostSubject: Hi   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 6:24 am

Hi all in this forum,
I am in great attitude with respect to ur topics. Good and valuable treasures in experiences of job hunting. Thanks all of u behalf of friends trying to go aboard and hunt a job. Good idea man!!! I very respect to u!!!

Good Luck in all ur Works!!!

Regards,
Kyaw Naing Oo.
Back to top Go down
YE MIN WIN
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'
YE MIN WIN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 9:23 am

Quote :
Although you can find a lot of job sites at internet, according to my own experience www.jobsdb.com is the coolest. I got many interviews from this site. I think www.jobstreet.com is not a good one. Nearly most of job sites welcome only Singaporeans and PRs.

Hi bro, You are right. Most of the job advertisement on job street are from job agency and they ask only SG and PR. Another web site is http://www.jobline.com.sg/.
This website is really cool. In fact this is developed by job agency, but their response is very fast .They will contact you within a day.

Good luck for all job seekers.
Back to top Go down
LiquidSnake
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2006-11-11

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 7:29 pm

ခုလိုသိရတာ အားလံုးအတြက္ ေတာ္ေတာ္ အသံုး၀င္မွာပါ...
ေကာင္းပါတယ္...ေကာင္းပါတယ္...
Back to top Go down
Sai Nanda
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'

Male

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeThu Nov 16, 2006 7:31 pm

ကၽြန္ေတာ္က ေတာ့ www.st701.com.sg ကပဲ အလုပ္တစ္ခုရတယ္... လစာ ၁၆၀၀ နဲ႕ assistant project engnieer ရာထူး... ဒါေပမယ့္ လက္ရွိအလုပ္က SPass အရင္ က်တာနဲ႕ပဲ မလုပ္ျဖစ္လိုက္တာ...က်န္တဲ့ ဆိုဒ္ ေတြကေတာ့ ကၽြန္ေတာ့္ရဲ႕ ျမန္မာ ဘီအီးေၾကာင့္ တုိးမရတာထင္တာပဲ... အရမ္းေဟာ့တာကိုး ဆိုဒ္ေတြကပါ... st701 မွာဆို သိပ္ေတာင္ မေလွ်ာက္ရေသးဘူး အင္တာဗ်ဴးေခၚတယ္ အလုပ္ကတိုက္ရိုက္ပဲေခၚတာပါ...
အားလံုးပဲ အဆင္ေျပပါေစ...
Back to top Go down
YE MIN WIN
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'
YE MIN WIN

Male

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2006 10:17 pm

Hi Ko Sain Nanda,
Thanks for you information. We welcome all job seekers to join this topic. At least we can give you some information.
But keep your mind, we will never give false information to all of you.
We are ready admit ourself as a nut if we don't know your question.

Cheers all..
Back to top Go down
YE MIN WIN
LEVEL '5'
LEVEL '5'
YE MIN WIN

Male

PostSubject: JOB for AGTI EP   Career for MIT students Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2006 6:22 pm

Hi all,
One of my friend is planning to come to SG and hunt a job. He is holding AGTI EP and 5 years working experience in Myanmar. Please share the related job information if you have.

Thanks.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Career for MIT students   Career for MIT students Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Career for MIT students
Page 1 of 1